Gender Competence Profile
Expert and researcher on gender equality, gender mainstreaming and equal opportunities, gender trainer and advocate for human rights with more then 10 years of experience. Member of the governing board of European Women’s Lobby in Brussels. External adviser on gender mainstreaming to the United Nations Development Programme, cooperating expert on gender mainstreaming with the European Institute for Gender Equality.
Gender expertise, research and analysis:
– gender research, analysis and gender impact assessment by various internationally recognized methods.
- Gender analysis of Slovak pension reform (Rose Mayreder College, Vienna, 2006);
- Gender review on the Worldbank´s Country Partnership Strategy for 2005 – 2007
- Gender audit in medical education and reproductive health services (Project Equal, Slovakia, 2008);
- Analysis of the implementation of gender mainstreaming in the Slovakia (H.Boell Stifftung, Warszaw, 2008)
- Gender evaluation of projects for the Regiostar 2010 award, European Commission, DG Regio (Brussels, 2009-10)
- Gender impact assessment of economical crisis in the EU (Oxfam and European Women’s Lobby, Brussels, 2010)
- External evaluation of the Horizontal Priority Equal Opportunities in the structural funds for the programming period 2007-2013 (ongoing)
Lecturing and training:
gender trainings and education on gender equality, gender mainstreaming and reproductive rights for universities, institutions and professionals on domestic and international level in Slovak, German or English language.
- Training for UNDP staff and partners in CEE on Gender mainstreaming in Democratic Governance (Istanbul, 2008);
- Co-organiser of two workshops on Gender and Diversity in co-operation with ILE and Heinrich Boell Stifftung (Berlin, 2008 and 2010)
- Planning and supervision of gender trainings for self-governing region in Slovakia (Banská Bystrica, 2009)
- Train of trainers on gender mainstreaming, colector with Dr. Claudia Neusuess (Krakow, 2007)
- Lectures on sexual and reproductive rights for Gender studies on Faculty of Philosophy, Comenius University, Bratislava (since 2004)
planning, programming, management, monitoring and evaluation on projects including EU structural funds. Supervision for implementation of the gender mainstreaming and equal opportunities in the projects.
- Project manager for Equal II. Initiative “Gender mainstreaming in reproductive health services” (Bratislava, 2005 – 2008) and SFPA institutional project supported by MATRA (Bratislava, 2004-2007)
- Methodology for implementation and evaluation of the Horizontal Priority Equal Opportunities and Gender Mainstreaming in the EU structural funds in Slovakia for the Slovak government (2009-10)